Come aboard a Kimberley Cruise with Ocean Dream Charters to explore the beautiful Kimberley region in style. The Kimberley is one of the world’s largest and most untouched wildernesses, and this remote region is home to some truly spectacular sights. With the luxurious Kimberley cruises offered with Ocean Dream Charters, you’ll be able to cruise through the ancient landscape in style and comfort. As you marvel at the landscape around you, the friendly and professional crew on board Ocean Dream Charters will make sure your holiday is truly an unforgettable experience. Read More…
The Kimberley region is located in the remote north west of Western Australia and, when you visit, you’ll discover a truly ancient landscape with a fascinating past. Containing some of the world’s most awe inspiring natural sights, you’ll fall in love with the rugged terrain, cascading waterfalls, stunning coastline, pristine swimming holes and towering gorges. The region is also home to an incredible array of plants and animals, all of which bring the Kimberley to life. Due to the abundance of water, the best way to explore the region is with luxury Kimberley cruises aboard Ocean Dream.
Every day offers a new discovery in the Kimberley and the unique tidal currents continually transform the landscape around you. Ocean Dream has a specifically designed hull to negotiate these tidal changes with ease and it allows you to gain access into remote creeks and river systems that many vessels cannot. Try your hand at fishing for Barramundi or Threadfin Salmon, explore hidden caves containing ancient Aboriginal rock art, take a helicopter flight up to normally inaccessible fresh water holes, or simply relax in the six seater spa and take in the spectacular landscape around you. We pride ourselves in providing a luxury Kimberley cruising experience with the freedom and flexibility to suit your requirements.
You’ll experience all of the extraordinary places the Kimberley has to offer when you explore the region aboard Ocean Dream. Join us for one of our scheduled 8 or 12 day Kimberley cruises and let our experienced crew show you the sights as you relax in luxury. For a unique experience, we also offer private charters where you can develop your own itinerary for a personalised cruise. Get your friends and family together for a very special holiday!
OUR LUXURY BOAT
When you come aboard Ocean Dream, you’ll immediately be impressed by the luxurious experience offered aboard this 80 foot twin-hull catamaran. Built in 2005, Ocean Dream underwent extensive refurbishments to transform it into the epitome of sophistication and elegance – perfect for an unforgettable cruising experience. Our stunning vessel can accommodate 12 guests in the beautifully appointed six staterooms, each of which gives you unsurpassed views of the Kimberley scenery.
There’s no shortage of space aboard Ocean Dream, from the generous staterooms to the numerous lounging areas. Your every comfort has been considered in the design of the vessel and you’ll love relaxing on the spacious deck and enjoying your meals in the open plan indoor/outdoor dining area. Ocean Dream comes complete with BBQ facilities to cook up the local produce and a six seater spa for true relaxation. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, we also carry all the toys you need for fun activities and exploring the region.
Along with the scheduled cruises which run throughout the season, we also offer Ocean Dream for private charter for a truly unique experience. When you book a private charter, you’ll have flexibility with your itinerary to create a holiday which is perfectly suited to you and your guests. Whether you want to focus on the historical sights, are a keen angler or want our crew to surprise you, our private charters offer a personalised experience that you’ll never forget.
There are no shortage of activities aboard Ocean Dream and each cruise includes a wide range of activities including visits to the local waterfalls, experiencing ancient Aboriginal rock art, trying your luck at the best fishing spots, and visiting the historical sights of the region. Make sure you have your camera at the ready – keen photographers will love capturing the beauty of the region. The crew are well trained as guides throughout this magnificent region and will help you get acquainted with the beautiful Kimberley.
- "From start to finish, we just loved every moment which was constantly filled with exciting adventures, amazing scenery, cultural highlights, moments that pushed our boundaries, the waterfalls, the swimming, the water holes and the time and effort you put into making our trip so special. At all times, we were so impressed with your professionalism and knowledge, and felt so totally comfortable being on board the beautiful Ocean Dream."Pam and Charles Benson 2018
- "Our 12 day experience with Ocean Dream was something we will always remember. The crew were extremely knowledgeable and keen to interact and have fun with the whole family. Tom, our chef, prepared an abundance of incredible food everyday, and also tailored meals to suit a young fussy eater. We watched our children grow and extend themselves in a wonderfully challenging environment, made fun, exciting and most importantly safe, by the entire Ocean Dream crew. A holiday to remember. Thank you."Jane and Tony Groves 2018
- "We score you guys 10/10 which is not overrated! Thank you so much for making us feel so welcomed and comfortable. An amazing trip! The memories will stay with us forever."Robyn and Phil Hayes
- "The crew made this trip extraordinary. Ben's chef skills were amazing and perfect. Nick, Taylor and Matt were so professional in all matters of boating- plus fun as well. Sally and Alex were delightful, professional and lovely at all times. Thank you. It has been a privilege to be here and a trip of a lifetime!!!"Mal & Julie Deall
- "We had a totally awesome cruise. Every aspect of the cruise was beyond our expectations. From the competent captain with his lovely demeanor to every member of the crew made sure we all had a holiday to remember. We could not say enough about their attention to detail. Beautiful holiday. Thank you!"Mark & Trish Williams
- "We had competent and joyful staff, the boat was elegant and comfortable, and the tenders were beautifully prepared. The art sites were presented with sensitive commentary and we were fortunate to see Bradshaw and Wandjina styles. Fishing was encouraging for all-beginners turned into pros by thoughtful preparation and coaching. Meals were winners with beautiful presentation and attention. The staff went out of his/her way to make the experience very special."Marie Freyne
- "This cruise was above and beyond our expectations. You have all raised the bar for any future holiday experiences! Well done!!Colin & Robyn Smeeth
- "The staff were professional, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, patient, kind and lots of fun to be around. The activities were well organised and well timed around other vessels. The evening briefings were great and helpful in conjunction with the map detailing. Overall, BEST HOLIDAY EVER!!! An outstanding effort by everyone. Well done."Susan Foster
- "Staff were exceptional - all so helpful, happy, knowledgeable and welcoming. A pleasure to spend time with!"Jackie Phillips
- “As well as a fabulous ship and amazing destinations, this holiday was made even more memorable because of your amazing crew. Sally was such a lovely person, so welcoming and nothing was ever too much trouble. Casey made us feel like we really were part of the family and was also an absolute champion at getting nervous passengers over tricky rock-climbing expeditions. Taylor was the most hard-working person we’ve ever met and a great fishing guide, helping the newbies and also finding all the best spots for us to claim our first-ever barramundi. Matt was charming and an excellent tour guide, skippering the tenders with precision and giving us in-depth knowledge of rock art sites. Chef Tom did an amazing job of all meals, taking care of all passengers’ needs and making sure we never ran out of cake. And Captain Nick is surely one of a kind, taking care of the ship and the itinerary (such lovely waterfall swims), the crew, the passengers, and still finding the time to organise drinks, impromptu shore picnics and a party for a 40th wedding anniversary on board. We’d have no hesitation in recommending this experience to our friends and family and wish you all the best for the rest of the season. "Peter & Katie Lennerts
- I just wanted to drop you a line to say how much we have enjoyed our week’s cruise in the Montebello Islands. The boat was absolutely superb - immaculate throughout, and the crew was just terrific. They had thought carefully about the places that we could visit together with finding the best fishing spots available. Food was also delicious and plentiful. Nothing was too much trouble. Thanks to everybody concerned.Neil & Dianne
- We have experienced many charters. This was one of the best! The Captain and every individual crew member were very helpful and superb. The food was excellent and vessel first class. An enjoyable and fun experience had by all.Neville & Leonie